Mohammed Salahuddin took the triple jump gold with a personal best 16.64m while M. Sreeshankar won the long jump with a 7.78m effort in the G. Kosanov memorial international athletics meet here on Sunday evening.
With Mohammed Zuber taking the silver with 16.21m, India had a one-two in the men’s triple jump and also in the javelin throw where Sahil Silwal (77.40m) and Rohit Yadav (75.36) won the gold and silver.
The 25-year-old Salahuddin’s previous best of 16.36m came in the Federation Cup in March.
And in the long jump Sreeshankar’s series included two 7.82m jumps.
GOLD FOR SARITABEN IN POLAND
Meanwhile, Saritaben Gayakwad won the women’s 400m gold in the Kutno international meet in Poland clocking a season-best 52.77s. Soniya Baishya (53.73), R. Vithya (53.73) took the silver and bronze while V.K. Shalini was sixth in 55.25.
In the men’s 400m, K.S. Jeevan clocked 46.56s while Kunhu Mohammed (46.93) and Amoj Jacob (47.24) were behind him.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 6: HAR 78/3 in 144-run chase vs KAR; Punjab records big win; MP 30/4 vs Tamil Nadu
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?
- NBA roundup: Clippers stuns Warriors after trailing by 22
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023: Punjab thrashes Nagaland to record biggest win in Indian List A cricket
- Girona not title race level, should enjoy ‘historic’ La Liga form, says coach Michel