Russian weightlifter and Olympic medallist Ruslan Albegov has been suspended on suspicion of doping.
The International Weightlifting Federation says Albegov has been charged with violating a rule banning the “use or attempted use by an athlete of a prohibited substance or a prohibited method.”
Albegov remains suspended ahead of a final ruling on his case.
Albegov is Russia’s only remaining men’s weightlifting medallist from the 2012 Olympics, where he took bronze in the over 105-kilogram category.
Five of the six other Russian lifters who competed at the 2012 Olympics have since been disqualified.
Russia’s entire weightlifting team was banned from last year’s Olympics for repeated doping cases.
Russia is one of nine countries serving a separate one- year ban from all international competitions for violating doping rules at previous Olympics.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures