Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy felicitated shuttler Kidambi Srikanth, who won a silver in the recently held World Championships in Spain.
The champion player, who holds the post of the cadre of Deputy Collector in the Government of Andhra Pradesh, was also given Rs. 7 lakhs as cash incentive and allotted five acres of land to set up a badminton Academy in Tirupati.
It may be mentioned here that Srikanth hails from Guntur where he started playing badminton before moving over to the Gopi Chand Academy and making at the highest level.
"It is a great honour to be felicitated by the Chief Minister and it only enhances my responsibility to give back something to the sport," he said.
Srikanth also hinted that the proposed Academy will be one of the best in the country and would definitely cater to the needs and aspirations of the badminton lovers from Andhra Pradesh.
- India vs Australia Live Streaming Info: When and where to watch IND vs AUS 2nd T20I Live? All you need to know
- India vs Australia 2nd T20I: IND vs AUS Predicted playing XI; Dream11 prediction
- IPL auction 2024 LIVE Updates: BREAKING - Hardik Pandya retained at Gujarat Titans; Full list of players retained, released on trade window deadline day
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released players; Hardik Pandya retained by Gujarat Titans
- Lucknow Super Giants: Full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction