World no. 8 Lakshya Sen registered a 21-9, 21-18 win over compatriot H.S. Prannoy to enter the quarterfinals of the Denmark Open Super 750 here on Thursday.
The match lasted for 39 minutes.
With this win, Lakshya took a 3-2 head-to-head lead over Prannoy, who defeated the former in the BWF World Championships and Indonesia Open.
The Indian shuttler will face Japanese Kodai Naraoka in the quarterfinal on Friday.
Earlier, Kidambi Srikanth made a second-round exit after suffering a straight-game loss to Loh Kean Yew. The match lasted for 35 minutes.
World no. 11 Srikanth led the first game for a few initial points, but Loh bounced back to win the first game 21-13.
In the second game, too, Srikanth looked desolate with the world no. 5 Singaporean earning points from smashes, drops, and drives. Eventually, the 29-year-old Indian conceded the second game 21-15.
With this win, Loh Kean Yew took a 2-1 head-to-head lead over Srikanth and sealed his place in the quarterfinals.
- Dhoni, Neeraj, Kapil, ISRO chief also deserve BCCI’s Golden Ticket
- Estadio Hernando Siles: A challenge for Messi and Argentina against Bolivia in FIFA World Cup qualifier
- Asia Cup 2023: Groundstaff’s tireless efforts defy elements in Sri Lanka
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: SL 42/3 (11) Bumrah, Siraj rattle top-order
- Newly-crowned Indonesia Masters champion Kiran George fails to enter main draw of Hong Kong Open