Superstar guard Luka Doncic will miss Game 1 of the Dallas Mavericks' first-round playoff series with a calf injury against the visiting Utah Jazz on Saturday afternoon, coach Jason Kidd announced.
The Mavericks announced earlier this week that an MRI confirmed a left calf strain for Doncic.
"He's day to day, so we'll go from there," Kidd said of Doncic.
Doncic, 23, sustained the injury in the third quarter of the Mavericks' 130-120 win against the San Antonio Spurs in Sunday's regular-season finale.
The two-time All-NBA performer and three-time All-Star averaged 28.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and 8.7 assists in 65 starts this season, finishing third in the league in scoring and fifth in assists.
Dallas was 8-9 without Doncic in the lineup this season, including a 120-116 loss at Utah on Christmas Day.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia