NBA star Frank Ntilikina has been ruled out of France’s bid to win the World Cup because of a thigh injury, the French Basketball Federation announced on Saturday.
Ntilikina, who left Dallas Mavericks last week to join Charlotte Hornets, was injured late in Friday’s warm-up match against Lithuania.
“His injury does not offer guarantees of a satisfactory recovery in time for the start of the World Cup on Friday August 25,” the Federation said in a statement.
The 25-year-old point guard is the second NBA star to drop out in two days following Giannis Antetokounmpo’s announcement on Friday that he had not recovered quickly enough from a thigh injury to join up with Greece.
France opens its Group H games against Canada in Jakarta before taking on Latvia and Lebanon.
- Watch: Kuldeep Yadav - India’s spin wizard in prime form ahead of the 2023 ODI World Cup
- Asia Cup 2023: Gill ton in vain as Bangladesh beats India by 6 runs
- ENG vs NZ: Scorecard, match streaming updates; New Zealand needs 312 to win
- SA vs AUS, 4th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker