Two Indian women boxers advanced to the quarterfinals of the youth world championships with comprehensive wins here.
Sakshi (57kg) and Jony (60kg) entered the last-eight stage after fetching unanimous victories.
Sakshi defeated Hungary’s Viktoria Matesz, while Jony got the the better of New Zealand’s Pelea Fruean.
However, Lalita crashed out of the tournament after being out-punched by Germany’s Alina Popp.
There was disappointment in the men’s draw as well with S Barun Singh losing to Thailand’s Thitisan Panmod.
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning in white-ball cricket but missing out in red ball doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer