Just three days before kickstarting its campaign against England, India has suffered a big blow with key pacer, Jasprit Bumrah, being ruled out of the first three T20s due to a thumb injury.
While an official statement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is expected soon, top sources in the Board have confirmed to Sportstar that Bumrah suffered an injury during the first T20 against Ireland at the Malahide earlier this week. It is learnt that the bowler has undergone a scan. The report, however, is not known yet.
“It is true that Bumrah has suffered an injury and he is being monitored by the support staff and the medical team,” a top BCCI official confirmed.
Though there is no word on Bumrah's replacement yet, the team management might pick someone from the India A squad which is currently touring England. This might open doors for youngster Deepak Chahar. The BCCI officials, however, remained tight-lipped about any such development.
Bumrah could return home and rejoin the team just before the Test series, which begins on August 1. However, there is a possibility that the medical team might monitor him in England.
Washington too misses out
Before the second T20 against Ireland on Friday, Washington Sundar had twisted his ankle while playing football. Television footages had shown a limping Washington walking off the field. Now, there are reports suggesting that the Tamil Nadu off-spinner, too, could be ruled out of the three-T20I series.
- UPW vs GG Live Score, WPL 2024: Giants 19/0 (2) after UP Warriorz opts to bowl first; Chamari Athapaththu makes debut
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC LIVE, MBSG 1-0 JFC, ISL 10: Petratos scores for early Mariners lead
- PKL Final Live Score: Puneri Paltan takes on Haryana Steelers; starting 7 announced as Pro Kabaddi League awaits new champion
- ITF Women’s Open 2024: Ankita storms into semifinals with a comeback victory
- Delhi Open Challenger: Boyer beats fourth seed Svrcina in quarters, to face Blancaneaux in semifinals