The three-match ODI series between India and South Africa has been called off in the aftermath of the coronavirus outbreak.
The first match in Dharamsala was washed out and the remaining two matches in Lucknow and Eden gardens were to be played behind closed doors. But now the BCCI, following consultations with stakeholders, has decided to call off the series. "South Africa will visit India at a later date to play 3 One-day Internationals. The BCCI-CSA will jointly work out the revised schedule," said BCCI in a statement released on Friday.
IPL called off
Earlier, the IPL 2020, scheduled to begin from March 29, was suspended till April 15 to tackle the growing threat of the Coronavirus.
"The BCCI is concerned and sensitive about all its stakeholders, and public health in general, and it is taking all necessary steps to ensure that, all people related to IPL including fans have a safe cricketing experience," said a press release.
"The BCCI will work closely with the Government of India along with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and all other relevant Central and State Government departments in this regard," it further added.
On Friday, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced that the State Government will ban IPL 2020 in the wake of coronavirus. The Ministry of External Affairs had earlier advised the BCCI not to go ahead with the Indian Premier League (IPL) “at this time” but left it to the discretion of the board.
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 70/3 (10); Aussies need 91 runs in 10 Overs, Bishnoi dismisses Hardie and Head
- PKL LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: Defence keeps Giants in hunt vs Bulls; Ajinkya Pawar one-man show leads Thalaivas to 42-31 win over Delhi; Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Who are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs leads through Rowllin Borges’ strike, SECOND HALF