All-rounder Daniel Sams has been added to Australia’s squad for its five-match Twenty20 International series against Sri Lanka, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Monday.
The 29-year-old, who made his debut for Australia in 2020, has played four T20Is, scoring 54 runs and taking four wickets.
ALSO READ - Gilchrist slams CA, says Langer ‘painted as a monster’
Australia has rested opener David Warner and all-rounder Mitch Marsh for the series, while Josh Hazlewood is set to return after missing the final four Ashes Tests with a side strain.
The series against Sri Lanka will be played from February 11-20.
Australia will then play three Tests, three One-Day Internationals and a T20 International in Pakistan starting on March 3.
- Aaron Finch, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Josh Inglis, Daniel Sams, Ben McDermott, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa.
Latest on Sportstar
- Alcaraz beats Tsitsipas, sets up French Open semifinal clash with Djokovic
- French Open 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: Alcaraz, Djokovic set up semifinal clash
- WTC Final 2023: Broad hopes Pujara and Kohli make Australia toil ahead of the Ashes
- Euro-leagues round-up: The endgame heroes
- Champions League: Kyle Walker misses training session due to back problem