Ajinkya Rahane will lead Mumbai in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (SMAT), which begins on October 11.
Mumbai will play its matches in Rajkot and the team led by Rahane also comprises Yashasvi Jaiswal, Prithvi Shaw and Sarfaraz Khan.
The bowling department will feature Shardul Thakur, Shams Mulani, Tanush Kotian, Dhawal Kulkarni and Tushar Deshpande, among others.
The senior selection committee of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), led by Salil Ankola, selected all-rounder Shivam Dube in the side. An India international, Dube has also featured in the IPL (Indian Premier League). Hardik Tamore has been named the wicketkeeper.
Under Rahane, West Zone won the Duleep Trophy last week, defeating South Zone. In the final, Jaiswal scored a career-best 265 for West Zone and his consistent performances have earned him a spot in the Rest of India squad for the Irani Trophy against Saurashtra.
Mumbai SMAT 2022-23 squad
- Singapore GP: Ferrari’s Sainz fastest in final practice
- Safety car and bike arrive at Buddh International Circuit ahead of MotoGP Bharat
- ICC should protect cricket: Former SL captain Arjuna Ranatunga
- French club Lyon hires FIFA World Cup winner Fabio Grosso as new coach
- Axar Patel to Naseem Shah - Full list of injured players ahead of ODI World Cup 2023