Bengal head coach Arun Lal had to leave the team bio-bubble due to the death of his mother on Thursday.
The news came prior to Bengal's Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match against Hyderabad here.
"The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) is deeply saddened to learn about the death of former India player and our senior team coach Arun Lal's mother today. As a result he had to leave the team bubble. Our prayers are with him and his family in this time of grave loss," CAB president Avishek Dalmiya said in a statement.
Sourashis Lahiri, the assistant coach, will coordinate with Lal and guide the team.
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- Bopanna-Ebden, Yuki-Haase pairs advance, Nagal exits from Dubai Tennis C’ship