Newly-appointed Karnataka coach Yere Goud, and bowling coach S. Arvind, bring a unique perspective to their roles. Both have played alongside members of the current Karnataka squad, which helps them establish an easy connection with the players.
Goud — who featured in the Karnataka team from 1994-2005, and again from 2006-2008 — said, “I have played with (captain) Vinay Kumar and S. Arvind. C.M. Gautam was my junior during my playing days. It helps me understand them better. If they aren’t performing, then I can try to understand their thought process and help them out.”
Read: Karnataka, Mumbai, Punjab among strong contenders
Goud’s first assignment is the Vijay Hazare Trophy one-day tournament, where Karnataka finds itself in the tough Elite Group ‘A’ alongside teams like Mumbai, Punjab and Baroda. “It’s good to be in a competitive group, because you have to be on your toes from the very first game. And with this new format, there is a chance that five teams could qualify from Group A,” Goud said.
Latest on Sportstar
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen closing in on another win; Hamilton, Russel in chase
- WATCH: Yuzvendra Chahal on IPL 2023, the ODI World Cup and more
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Bangladesh calls up uncapped duo for Afghanistan Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit