Pakistan chased down 345 runs in the ODI World Cup 2023 match against Sri Lanka in Hyderabad on Tuesday to break the record for the highest successful run chase in World Cups.
Hundreds from Abdullah Shafique and Muhammad Rizwan guided Pakistan to a victory in the 49th over.
In the first innings, centuries from Kusal Mendis and Sadeera Samarawickrama took Sri Lanka to 344/9 in 50 overs.
The previous record for the highest run chase in the quadrennial event belonged to Ireland which chased down 329 runs against England in 2011.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final LIVE Updates: Where to watch, h2h record, team news and injury update
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa LIVE, ISL 10: KBFC v FCG lineups; Kick-off at 7:30 PM IST; When, where to watch
- Indian sports wrap, February 25
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jurel reveals secrets to his rescue-act, dedicates fifty to Kargil-veteran father
- GG vs MI Live Score, WPL 2024: Mumbai Indians wins toss, asks Beth Mooney & Co. to bat first