The ICC's Event Technical Committee of the ongoing U-19 World Cup on Saturday approved Aaradhya Yadav as a replacement for injured all-rounder Vasu Vats in the India squad.
"Vats has sustained a hamstring injury and will be unable to take any further part in the event," the ICC said in a statement.
The replacement of a player requires the approval of the Event Technical Committee before the replacement player can be officially added to the squad.
The Event Technical Committee consists of the chair Chris Tetley (ICC Head of Events), Ben Leaver (ICC Senior Event Manager), Fawwaz Baksh (Tournament Director), Roland Holder (CWI Representative), Alan Wilkins and Russel Arnold (both independent representatives).
India is set to face Bangladesh in the Super League semifinal on Saturday.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 2/1 (3.4 overs); Siraj removes Khawaja for duck, India gets first wicket
- WTC Final 2023: Why is India wearing black armbands?
- Long live the Kings: The story of CSK’s love affair with IPL
- Man City’s Stones exudes confidence ahead of Champions League final
- IND vs AUS: Why Australian players are wearing black armbands