The ICC's Event Technical Committee of the ongoing U-19 World Cup on Saturday approved Aaradhya Yadav as a replacement for injured all-rounder Vasu Vats in the India squad.
"Vats has sustained a hamstring injury and will be unable to take any further part in the event," the ICC said in a statement.
The replacement of a player requires the approval of the Event Technical Committee before the replacement player can be officially added to the squad.
The Event Technical Committee consists of the chair Chris Tetley (ICC Head of Events), Ben Leaver (ICC Senior Event Manager), Fawwaz Baksh (Tournament Director), Roland Holder (CWI Representative), Alan Wilkins and Russel Arnold (both independent representatives).
India is set to face Bangladesh in the Super League semifinal on Saturday.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: Toss updates; Mumbai, Kerala, Bengal, TN eye quarterfinal spot
- More teams to qualify directly for reshaped Women’s Champions League - UEFA
- ECB launch cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Real Madrid defender Carvajal out until next year due to calf injury
- Manchester City charged by FA over player conduct in Spurs draw