India batter Suryakumar Yadav registered a second consecutive golden duck during the second ODI against Australia in Visakhapatnam on Sunday.
Walking in at no. 4, Suryakumar was trapped leg before by Mitchell Starc, a ball after the left-arm seamer removed India captain Rohit Sharma on 13. Starc swung the ball in sharply as Suryakumar attempt a drive across the line as the ball struck him plumb in the middle-and-leg stump line.
During the first ODI on Mumbai on Friday, Suryakumar had a similar ending when Starc removed him first ball with a delivery that pitched on length and straightened to him on the back pad, clipping the top of off-stump line.
While the 32-year-old Suryakumar has amassed an incredible T20 record, his ODI returns have been underwhelming after 20 innings in the format. Suryakumar has recorded 433 runs at an average of 25.47 with only two fifty-plus scores.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT
- Inter Miami says ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ billed clash against Al Nassr is inaccurate
- NBA In-Season tournament: LeBron James tops 39,000 points as Lakers rout Jazz