- RESULT: IND 212/2 beats AFG 111/8 by 101 runs
- India ends its Asia Cup campaign with a comprehensive win over Afghanistan as the men in blue decimated Afghanistan by a massive 101 runs. Records tumbled as Virat Kohli recorded his 71st international century, ending a century drought and then Bhuvneshwar Kumar bamboozled the Afghans with a terrific spell of swing bowling recording figures of 4-1-4-5. Although out of the tournament, the Indian team will board the flight back home with spirits high. Most importantly, Virat Kohli is back among runs and this century will be talked about for a long time to come. Is this the turnaround? Does India need a third opener? What permutations and combinations will Rohit Sharma and Rahul Dravid go heading into the World Cup.. These questions will keep ringing but tonight, it’s all about Virat Kohli - the man who equalled Ricky Ponting’s 71 career centuries and is chasing Tendulkar. Thank you for joining us. Night
- AFG 73/7 after 16 overs: Mujeeb takes Ashwin to the cleaners with a boundary and six over long-on but the match is out of Afghanistan’s grasp. AFG 57/7 after 14 overs: Deepak Hooda rolls his arms over and he has picked a wicket as Rashid Khan - the last recognised batsman departs. It’s a matter of time that India wraps up things.
- AFG 29/6 after 9 overs: Ibrahim Zadran and Rashid Khan have arrested the fall of wickets but India is well on its way to registering a massive win. Spinners in operation and Ashwin will relish bowling his quota of four overs.
- AFG 21/6 after 7 overs: A five-wicket haul for Bhuvneshwar Kumar and what a fabulous spell this has been from the swing bowler. 4-1-4-5 Bhuvi was just all over the Afghanistan batsmen and they were simply clueless.
Virat Kohli achieves another batting milestone
- AFG 21/5 after 6 overs: Afghanistan is in the doldrums and it’s a matter of time before India completes the formalities and caps off the tournament on a high. Arshdeep Singh joins the party as he traps Afghan skipper Mohammad Nabi to put India completely on top.
Virat Kohli on importance of familyh
- AFG 9/4 after 3 overs: It’s almost all over for Afghanistan as Bhuvneshwar Kumar takes four wickets to put India firmly on top. The new ball operator has torn apart the Afghanistan top-order and has been sensational with the wickets of Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Karim Janat and Najimullah Zadran.
- Bhuvi rocks Afghanistan with five-wicket haul
- AFG 1/2 after 1 over: Excellent start from India as Bhuvneshwar Kumar takes two in his very first over. The swing bowler first trapped Hazratullah Zazai and then castled Gurbaz to put India on top. Afghanistan in early trouble in chase of a mammoth 213.
- Hazratullah Zazai and Rahmanullah Gurbaz are out in the middle and it will be a stiff chase for Afghanistan. Bhuvneshwar Kumar will start proceedings with the new ball. Let the chase begin.
- End of Innings - IND 212/2 after 20 overs: India rides on Virat Kohli’s fantastic century (122, 61b, 12*4, 6*6) to post a mammoth 212-run target. Kohli’s stupendous knock was studded with 12 boundaries and six hits into the stands as the batting great brings up his 71st international century. It was such a special knock and what a relief for the former India captain, who holds almost every batting record. Great stuff and the Indian bowlers have got plenty to defend. Back for the chase in a bit.
- IND 194/2 after 19 overs: Take a bow, Virat Kohli as the modern-day great has finally hit a century and what a belligerent knock this has been from the former India captain. He gets to the landmark with a fantastic pull as the ball sails into the deep mid-wicket boundary. Takes his helmet, hugs Pant and what a relief for the man, who has conquered almost every batting record.
- IND 145/2 after 16 overs: Kohli is looking in great touch as he smokes Rashid Khan over the deep mid-wicket boundary. Rishabh Pant, meanwhile, is yet to lit fireworks but it is all Kohli at the moment. Rashid Khan finishes with 4-0-33-0 and the star spinner has failed to take any wickets tonight.
- IND 130/2 after 14 overs: KL Rahul departs for an excellent 41-ball 62 but India has lost two wickets in quick succession with Suryakumar Yadav falling to Fareed Ahmad after smacking him for a maximum. Rishabh Pant has joined Kohli and the wicketkeeper-batsman will look to spend some time in the middle and get some runs under his belt.
- IND 111/0 after 12 overs: Kohli and Rahul bring up their respective half-centuries and have forged an unbeaten 112-run partnership to give India control. The range of shots from both the openers has been terrific and both batsmen are well-set in the middle. While Rahul is batting on 62 off 40 balls, Kohli is batting on 56 off 35 deliveries.
- IND 80/0 after 9 overs: Ibrahim Zadran hands Kohli a life as he drops the opener at deep mid-wicket and Afghanistan continues to search for a breakthrough. India is off to a bright start and both Kohli and Rahul are looking in great touch. The approach has been right from the Indians as they have taken the attack to the opposition with some fearless batting with Rahul depositing Rashid Khan over the deep mid-wicket boundary.
- IND 52/0 after 6 overs: Both Kohli and Rahul have opened up and have taken a liking to the Afghanistan attack. Kohli exhibits class by whacking Mujeeb to the deep backward square leg for a boundary and then dances down the track to deposit the spinner straight down the ground for a maximum. India up and running in their final game and has made the most of the Powerplay.
- IND 21/0 after 3 overs: Rahul has taken a positive approach and is off the blocks in a flash. Kohli too has found a boundary with a flick to the deep square leg boundary to give India a strong start. IND 6/0 after 1 over: KL Rahul and Virat Kohli are off the mark and it’s an important innings for both the India openers. Kohli has been in good touch but Rahul has to get into the groove.
- We are done with the national anthems and out walk Virat Kohli along with KL Rahul to open the batting. Fazalhaq Farooqi will be operating with the new ball with Rahul on strike. Here we go!
- Toss: Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bowl first - Rohit Sharma rested. KL Rahul to lead India.
- India Playing XI: KL Rahul(c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(w), Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Deepak Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh
- Afghanistan Playing XI: Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi(c), Karim Janat, Rashid Khan, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Fazalhaq Farooqi
- Rahul Dravid on his role as India’s head coach: I see my role as a support to the captain and the team. Helping the team to get the best out of themselves. But once they are on the field, it’s up to the players and the captain to execute their plans and take the team forward. I think Rohit is pretty relaxed, and pretty much the whole team is. You got to put things in perspective. We lost a couple of games on a pitch, on a ground that has not been easy to defend on. Just because we have lost a couple of games, it doesn’t mean we are a terrible team. I think we don’t need to overreact with things. It’s a balanced environment, whether we win or we lose. We keep going on the same path, the journey continues.
- Changes for India: Yuzvendra Chahal, Rohit Sharma and Hardik Pandya make way for Deepak Chahar, Dinesh Karthik and Axar Patel.
- Toss in 10 minutes. What will be India’s Playing XI.. Stay tuned as we get you all the details.
- Pakistan defeated Afghanistan in a pulsating thriller to knock out India and what a classic encounter it was. India, however, will hope to come up with an improved show and end the tour on a winning note.
- What will be India’s Playing XI? Will KL Rahul get a dropped or will he continue despite his lukewarm show with the bat.. Let’s wait and watch as the action will unfold shortly.
- We are nearing toss time and both teams are warming up in the ground. Pressure will be on India after not making to the final and the men in blue will look to change things around.
- Rahul Dravid and Jonathan Trott and having a casual chat with key players from both sides going through the paces.
India Predicted Playing XI: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma (C), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Arshdeep Singh.
Afghanistan Predicted Playing XI: Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (C), Karim Janat, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Fazalhaq Farooqi.
Weather Report: There are no chances of rain and the temperature is touching around 40 degrees Celcius. Very hot and humid, pings our correspondent Ayan Acharya.
Injury Update: Deepak Chahar has been named as the replacement for Avesh Khan for Team India’s final fixture of the Asia Cup 2022.
India will be looking to end its Asia Cup campaign on a positive note as it faces a strong Afghanistan side in the Asia Cup Super 4 encounter.
Having exited the tournament, India has nothing more than pride to play for in its last Asia Cup Super 4 outing against Afghanistan here on Thursday.
India, with two losses in two Super 4 clashes, will use the match to solve a few team combination puzzles that have stumped the team. The most pertinent among them is the curious case of Dinesh Karthik.
During the death-overs of India’s Asia Cup Super 4 match against Sri Lanka here on Tuesday, substitute Karthik came onto the field with a pair of gloves and a word of advice for the batters.If ever one needed tips on how to finish with a flourish, Karthik is the man for the job.
Where can I watch the live streaming of IND vs AFG Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match?
The India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will be live streamed on Disney+Hotstar.
Which TV channels will broadcast the IND vs AFG Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match?
The India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will be aired LIVE on the Star Sports Network.
At what time will the IND vs AFG Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match start?
The India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will begin at 7:30 PM IST.
Where will the IND vs AFG Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match be played?
The India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Dubai.
When will Asia Cup 2022 end?
Asia Cup 2022 will end on September 11 with the final in Dubai between Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
India Squad: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(w), Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi
Afghanistan Squad: Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi(c), Karim Janat, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Samiullah Shinwari, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Afsar Zazai, Usman Ghani, Naveen-ul-Haq, Noor Ahmad
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr LIVE updates, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca grabs brace to score possible winner
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea
- FIH Pro League 2023-24: India beats Ireland 4-0, ends Rourkela leg on a high
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter