Ahead of the first ODI between India and Australia, former India skipper M.S. Dhoni suffered an injury scare while batting at the nets at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium on Friday.
Dhoni, who spent a considerable amount of time facing net bowlers and Jasprit Bumrah suffered an unexpected blow on his right forearm.
After facing both pacers and spinners, Dhoni took throwdowns from support staff member, Raghavendra when the incident happened.
Dhoni went for a pull but missed a rising delivery that hit his forearm.
In considerable amount of pain, Dhoni walked out of the nets straightaway and did not bat any further.
Although the team management didn't confirm his injury, it is likely that a final call will be taken on Saturday morning.
In case Dhoni misses out, Rishabh Pant is expected to don the wicket-keeping gloves.
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Cyclone Michaung: 200 young paddlers stranded in Vijayawada
- Formula One: Shanghai and Miami to host F1 sprints for first time in 2024
- Junior World Boxing Championships: Payal, Nisha, Akansha strike gold as India ends campaign with 17 medals
- Wrestling Federation of India election date to be announced after December 8