The week gone by has been busy as far as the Indian Premier League is concerned. Player trading, releases and potential interests have all come up over the last few days, all keeping the auction on December 19 in mind.
All eyes are now on teams to see who they will pick come D-Day to bolster their squads and consequentially their title chances in the upcoming season.
The Australian Consulate in Chennai lost no time in making its request regarding team selection clear to the three-time IPL champion. In a tweet, the Consulate General said, " We’d love to see more Aussies playing for @ChennaiIPL... just saying."
Several high-profile Australians have been part of Super Kings line-up. Here's a full list of the players who have donned the yellow over the years:
The Super Kings recently announced its list of released players, letting Scott Kuggeleijn, Sam Billings, David Willey, Chaitanya Bishnoi and Dhruv Shorey go to make way for fresh faces in the dressing room.
READ : IPL 2020: Full list of players retained, released and traded
With INR 14.6 crore at the team's disposal this December, the team could be eyeing the services of Aussie stars like Chris Lynn, Ashton Turner and Marcus Stoinis.
- Video: MotoGP riders dance to Naatu Naatu at the Buddh International Circuit in New Delhi
- Ind vs Aus, 1st ODI: India beats Australia to dethrone Pakistan as the No. 1 ODI team
- IND vs AUS: Shami fifer, all-round batting effort help India beat Australia by five wickets in first ODI
- Premier League: Klopp expecting solid West Ham to be tricky opponents
- Redfern set to become first female umpire in men’s first-class game