Rishabh Pant said it “felt special” when Sourav Ganguly lifted him to celebrate the youngster’s blistering 78 that steered Delhi Capitals to a six-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals and the pole position in the IPL.
Just as Pant hit the winning runs, finishing it off with a six here on Monday night, former India skipper entered the ground and lifted him up.
READ | Shaw hails Ponting, Ganguly, Kaif influence at Delhi Capitals
“After I finished off the match and coming out, everyone was showering so much love. It felt special when Sourav sir lifted me, it was a different experience,” said Pant, during a post-match interaction with teammate Prithvi Shaw.
“We talk about finishing these big games for the team, and when we do it, feels really special,” he added.
When asked how he felt about his innings, Pant replied, “It’s a great feeling, especially the fact that I was with you (Shaw) in the middle, I knew we would finish it.”
Opener Shaw (42) and Pant added 84 runs for the third wicket in quick time to help Delhi Capitals cross the line in a steep chase of 192.
Latest on Sportstar
- FA Cup 2023 to break 151-year tradition with Manchester derby final
- Thailand Open 2023 LIVE Score: Kiran George in action soon
- PSG to face Ronaldo on Japan summer tour
- Postecoglou not distracted by Spurs talk ahead of Celtic’s treble bid
- ECB CEO backs ICC’s proposed revenue model, says India justified in getting 38 per cent of earnings