Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow have pulled out of the UAE-leg of the Indian Premier League, which will be played from September 19 to October 15 in the UAE.
Sunrisers Hyderabad has signed middle-order batsman Sherfane Rutherford in place of Bairstow.
With Malan taking a break to be with the family ahead of the Ashes, the Punjab Kings has roped in South Africa's Aiden Markram as replacement for the England cricketer. According to reports by the British media, even Chris Woakes has pulled out of the tournament.
Earlier, Jos Buttler had opted out due to the imminent birth of his second child. Ben Stokes has taken an indefinite break from the game for mental-health reasons and will also be unavailable for the second half.
Jofra Archer is the other absentee, with an elbow injury ruling him out of cricket for the rest of the year.
Rajasthan Royals has signed West Indies opener Evin Lewis and fast bowler Oshane Thomas as replacements for Buttler and Stokes.
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners
- Leicester stunned as Ipswich close gap in promotion race
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extend lead over City in table
- Santosh Trophy: Mizoram seals remaining quarterfinal spot, defending champion Karnataka knocked out
- Football law changes: Sin bin trials to continue, permanent concussion substitutes approved