Jos Buttler won the IPL 2022 Orange Cup on Sunday. The Orange Cap is awarded to the tournament's leading run-scorer.
The Rajasthan Royals opener ended with 863 runs at an average of 57.33 with four hundreds and four half-centuries at a strike rate of 149.05.
Buttler was out for a 35-ball 39 off Hardik Pandya's bowling in the 13th over.
Buttler also surpassed David Warner's tally of 848 runs during Sunrisers Hyderabad's title-winning season in 2016. He is now the second highest run-scorer in an IPL season. Virat Kohli's record of 973 runs in the same season is likely to remain untouched.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nkunku stars as Leipzig retains German Cup with 2-0 win over Frankfurt
- On court of pain, Zverev rediscovers his joie de vivre in Paris
- Spectator dies from fall during River Plate match
- Ten Hag’s United ‘broken’ after FA Cup final loss to Manchester City
- Stokes downplays fitness concerns, set to bowl in Ashes