The M.S. Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings on Sunday became the first team to be eliminated from the race for IPL 2020 playoffs after Rajasthan beat Mumbai by eight wickets in Abu Dhabi.
Before this edition, the Chennai Super Kings had reached the knockouts in each of the 10 seasons in which it has been part of the IPL. Chennai, which has won three titles, had never finished below fourth place until now.
"You have to enjoy the game no matter where you are on the table. If you are not enjoying the cricket, it can become cruel and painful. So I am glad with how the youngsters have responded," Dhoni had said after his team beat the Royal Challengers Bangalore by eight wickets earlier on Sunday.
IPL 2020 Points Table
- Can Hardik Pandya still return to Mumbai Indians from Gujarat Titans after the retention day?
- RCB full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- Mumbai Indians: Full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- Indian sports news wrap, November 26
- India vs Australia Live Score, 2nd T20 Cricket Score Updates: IND to bat; AUS wins toss, opts to bowl first