Mumbai Indians batter Vishnu Vinod became the first concussion substitute in Indian Premier League (IPL) history during the IPL 2023 Qualifier 2 match against Gujarat Titans at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
Kishan suffered a concussion after a collision with teammate Chris Jordan during MI’s bowling innings against GT, where it conceded 233 for three.
Vishnu, featuring in his third innings for MI, walked in at number six after the fall of Cameron Green.
The concussion sub rule was introduced in the IPL in the 2020 edition. The match also witnessed the second retired out instance of the season when GT batter Sai Sudharsan cut short his innings after a 31-ball 43.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Brathwaite begin chase for West Indies vs India
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone