Harpreet Brar's 3 for 19 put Punjab Kings on top against a star-studded Royal Challengers Bangalore line-up on Friday.
Needing 180 to win, the left-arm spinner - playing his first match of the season - got rid of Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell out off successive balls before accounting for AB de Villiers in his next over.
Brar began by getting Kohli for 35. It was short of a length delivery that kept low and crashed into the RCB captain's leg stump. The next delivery, he spun the ball from the middle stump to clean Maxwell up. Brar then had de Villiers caught by KL Rahul at extra cover.
This is only Brar's fourth IPL game. He had gone wicketless in the first three, two in 2019 and one in 2020.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen leads Hamilton; Perez and Russell make up places
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Formula 1: Haas principal Steiner reprimanded over ‘laymen’ remark
- French Open: Khachanov downs Sonego to reach quarterfinal