Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) batter Rajat Patidar has been ruled out of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 season on Tuesday, the franchise confirmed it on its social media handle.
The RCB has decided not to name a replacement for Patidar.
“Unfortunately, Rajat Patidar has been ruled out of #IPL2023 due to an Achilles Heel injury. We wish Rajat a speedy recovery and will continue to support him during the process. The coaches and management have decided not to name a replacement player for Rajat just yet,” RCB wrote on social media.
Patidar missed RCB’s campaign opener against Mumbai Indians, which the Bengaluru side won by eight wickets. RCB will take on Punjab Kings at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati, on March 5.
The 29-year-old right-handed batter was undergoing rehab at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru due to a heel injury.
- King Kohli embraces the limelight, completes troika of India’s batting excellence with 49th ton
- Toto Wolff: Our car does not deserve to win a race
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Final 2023: Net bowler Ashish Bhardwaj shares his moment with Pat Cummins and Josh Inglis
- Sri Lanka sacks board, appoints interim committee
- Sao Paulo GP organisers admit to safety failures