Harshal Patel bowled two full-tosses above the waist and was taken out of the attack. Glenn Maxwell took the onus on himself as stand-in captain and completed the final over.
The Australian did pick a wicket by dismissing Ravindra Jadeja, who departed for an eight-ball 10.
Barring the six, Maxwell did really well but Chennai Super Kings scored 226 runs in its 20 overs against Royal Challengers Banaglore in their Indian Premier League match on Monday.
Asked to bat first, opener Devon Conway struck 83 off 45 balls and was involved in a 74-run partnership for the second wicket with Ajinkya Rahane (37 off 20 balls).
Later, Conway added 80 runs for the third wicket with Shivam Dube, who blazed away to a 27-ball 52 with the help of five sixes and two fours.
- Sri Lanka beats Pakistan to qualify for Asia Cup 2023 final against India
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Colombo weather highlights, Asia Cup 2023: SL beats PAK in rain-affected match
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka highlights, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: SL wins on last ball, PAK knocked out
- Asia Cup 2023 Super 4 points table: Sri Lanka beats Pakistan to qualify for final with India
- Jhingan, Gurpreet part of Sports Ministry’s updated Indian Football team for Asian Games