Yuzvendra Chahal on Sunday became the first Indian to pick 300 T20 wickets when he clean bowled Harry Brook in the IPL 2023 match between the Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Rajasthan Royals legspinner had finished as the top wicket-taker of the 2022 IPL, with 27 wickets at an economy of 7.75. He had also taken the only hat-trick of the season.
Chahal is now the highest wicket-taker, among Indians, in history of the IPL. He overtook the veteran Amit Mishra.
Chahal finished with excellent figures of 4 for 17 to be the joint second-highest wicket-taker in IPL (170).
Latest on Sportstar
- I am a big fan of cricket: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin
- Tamil Nadu government has set aside Rs. 92.13 crores for Chess Olympiad: CM MK Stalin
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin to deliver keynote address at Sportstar South Sports Conclave
- Viswanathan Anand: Would be good if women's chess became more competitive
- How CSK outbid MI to sign Dhoni at IPL 2008 auction - N Srinivasan explains