New Zealand leg-spinner Ish Sodhi recorded his best-ever figures of six for 39 to help his team take a 1-0 lead in the three-match ODI series against Bangladesh on Saturday.
Sodhi had an eventful outing in Dhaka where he got run out at non-striker’s end and was then called back by Bangladesh skipper Litton Das. He ended up scoring 35 off 39 balls with three sixes. The 30-year-old then picked up six wickets to win player of the match award.
Picking 6/39, Sodhi recorded the best bowling by figures by a non-Asian spinner in Asia, best figures by a spinner in Bangladesh, best return by a New Zealand spinner, and best figures by a spinner against Bangladesh in ODIs.
Best figures by New Zealand spinners in ODIs
Bangladesh lost the match by 86 runs chasing a 255-run target and got all out for 168 in 41.1 overs.
- BAN vs SL LIVE score, ICC World Cup 2023 updates: De Silva falls after Mathews timed out controversy; Sri Lanka 216/6
- SMAT 2023 LIVE Score, Punjab vs Baroda final: PUN 44/2 (6); Anmolpreet, Mandeep in counter-attack; Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy updates
- FIDE Grand Swiss 2023: ‘Candidates’ Vidit, Vaishali give India historic ‘double’
- Russian Olympic body launches sport court appeal against IOC suspension: CAS
- I-League 2023-24: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Aizawl FC, eyes third consecutive win