Sri Lanka spinner Maheesh Theekshana has strained his right hamstring while fielding during the Asia Cup match against Pakistan on Thursday, Sri Lanka Cricket said.
Theekshana will undergo scans tomorrow to fully assess his condition.
The incident happened during the 34th over of the first innings when the 23-year-old dived trying to save a boundary and got hurt.
While he bowled three overs post the incident, he was carried off by the physio to the dressing room for treatment.
- England vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 117/1 (18); Malan, Root dig in after Bairstow falls; ENG vs NED updates
- Carlos Alcaraz to debut for Europe at Laver Cup Berlin 2024
- Allan Donald on Angelo Mathews’ Timed out decision: ‘I was dead quiet, don’t want to see things like that’
- Shaji Prabhakaran: AIFF’s decision to terminate me comes as a shock
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General