Manoj Prabhakar continues to wait to hear from the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA). His appointment as the bowling coach of the Delhi team has been stalled despite the recommendation of the Cricket Committee.
The Cricket Committee, comprising Virender Sehwag, Aakash Chopra and Rahul Sanghvi, had recommended Prabhakar’s name for the job but the DDCA has not yet taken any decision.
“I have not heard from the DDCA,” Prabhakar confirmed on Saturday. The Cricket Committee was given the specific job of picking the selectors and coaches in all groups and they had submitted their recommendations to the newly-elected DDCA president Rajat Sharma.
The Delhi team is likely to play the Vijay Hazare tournament without a bowler because a senior member of the team has blocked his appointment. It is learnt that one of the selectors may double up as a bowling coach but that, at best, would be a temporary arrangement.
Delhi launches its campaign for the season on September 19 with the Vijay Hazare tournament even as Prabhakar keeps his fingers crossed. He was the bowling coach of the team which finished runner-up in Ranji Trophy and winner in the Mushtaq Ali tournament.
KP Bhaskar, coach of the Delhi team last season, has moved on to Uttarakhand.
- Dominica withdraws its bid to co-host the T20 World Cup 2024
- PKL: Which defender the most tackle points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- PKL: Who has the most raid points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- Cristiano Ronaldo faces USD1B class-action lawsuit after promoting for Binance NFTs
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC denies Punjab FC its first win of the season in 3-3 draw