The Sri Lankan stalwarts, Rangana Herath, Farveez Maharoof and Romesh Kaluwitharana, asserted, at the team's jersey launch event, that past rivalries will be revived on the cricket pitch when teams representing five nations face-off during the Unacademy Road Safety World Series T20.
Sri Lanka Legends will begin its campaign against Australia Legends on Sunday, March 8 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
Team captain Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chamara Kapugedera and off-spinner Muttiah Muralitharan were part of the team which went down to India in the 2011 World Cup final at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
Spinner Herath said: “We have a pretty good side and though I am sure competition will be tough, we stand a good chance.” All-rounder Maharoof remarked: “This is an amazing initiative, I thank the organisers for bringing us all together for a sport we love.” Both spoke after a team jersey launch.
- Greek football matches postponed after clashes leave police officer in critical condition
- PKL LIVE Score, Bengaluru Bulls vs Dabang Delhi KC: Saurabh’s Bengaluru faces Naveen’s Delhi, Puneri Paltan vs U Mumba at 9; When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 8
- Women’s Premier League Auction, Live Streaming: When and where to watch WPL 2024 Auction?
- Premier League: Arsenal manager Arteta says it’s hard to curb celebrations in big moments