Indian captain Harmanpreet Kaur overtook Mithali Raj as the leading runscorer in women's T20Is while leading the country to an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series against Sri Lanka in Dambulla on Saturday.
Kaur's 32-ball 31 helped India seal a five-wicket win in the 2nd T20I, taking her run tally in the format to 2372 runs in 111 innings. Mithali Raj finished with 2364 runs in 84 innings.
READ | IND vs SL, 2ND T20I LIVE SCORE
Kaur's milestone comes at the back of the 33-year-old taking over the captaincy of the Indian side in all formats.
The game also marked a milestone for her deputy, Smriti Mandhana, who became the third Indian woman and second fastest Indian woman to score 2000 T20I runs.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Ruud reaches quarterfinals after straight-sets win over Jarry
- Watch, WTC final 2023, India vs Australia: Key match-ups, players spotlight
- ISSF Junior World Cup: Dhanush Srikanth wins gold in men’s 10m air rifle
- Norway Chess: Gukesh wins against Abdusattorov; stays in fourth spot
- Indian sports news wrap, June 5