The Event Technical Committee of the Women’s U-19 T20 World Cup on Tuesday approved Yashasri Soppadhandhi as a replacement for Hurley Gala in the India squad.
The laceration of Gala’s right thumb required stitches and ruled her out of participating in the remainder of the tournament.
“The replacement of a player requires the approval of the Event Technical Committee,” read an ICC statement.
In the ongoing tournament the committee consists of Sarah Edgar (Chair), Snehal Pradhan, Sivuyile Mqingwana, Claire Terblanche, Lydia Greenway, and Stacy-Ann King.
- Poland U-17 World Cup squad depleted after FIFA rule out replacing banished players
- Seven Belgian tennis players suspended in match-fixing probe
- World Cup 2023: Business Development Director Sybrand Engelbrecht gets a second chance at cricket
- Afghanistan’s participation in LA Olympics 2028 in the works by IOC, says ICC CEO Allardice
- Andy Murray splits from coach Ivan Lendl after gruelling 2023 season