India batter Jemimah Rodrigues was signed by Delhi Capitals for INR 2.2 crore in the Women’s Premier League (WPL) Auction in Mumbai on Monday.
Jemimah was involved in a bidding war between Delhi Capitals and UP Warriorz. Mumbai Indians made an entry at INR 1.6 crore before Delhi eventually sealed the bid.
Jemimah made her T20I debut in 2018 and has racked up over 1600 runs in the format. Jemimah is also the second-fastest Indian woman to reach 1000 T20I runs, only behind Mithali Raj.
On Sunday, Jemimah helped India start its T20 World Cup campaign on a positive note as her unbeaten half-century helped the team beat Pakistan by seven wickets in Cape Town.
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final