Three Atalanta players have tested positive for COVID-19 but all are asymptomatic and have been isolated, the Serie A club said in a statement on Monday.
The tests were carried out before Atalanta's Monday return to training ahead of the new season, due to start on September 19.
The players were not named and Atalanta said training went ahead as normal for the rest of the squad.
Atalanta finished third in Serie A last season and reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, where it lost 2-1 to Paris St Germain in Lisbon.
The club is based in the city of Bergamo which was at the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak in Italy earlier this year.
- RCB full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- India vs Australia Live Score, 2nd T20 Live Cricket Score Updates: Toss at 6:30 PM, IND aims to take 2-0 series lead vs AUS
- IPL auction 2024: Full list of squads, players after retention day
- Indian sports news wrap, November 26
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Highlights: Full list of retained, released players and team squads; Hardik Pandya remains at Gujarat Titans; RCB releases Hasaranga, Harshal, Hazlewood