Bayern Munich attacker Serge Gnabry’s season has been derailed by yet another injury setback, with the Bundesliga champion saying on Sunday that he picked up a tendon injury during its 5-1 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt.
Gnabry, who has already missed games due to a hip injury and a fractured arm earlier this season, came on in the 66th minute of Sunday’s match but limped off the pitch just five minutes later.
“Serge Gnabry suffered a muscle tendon injury in the left adductor area during the 5-1 defeat in Frankfurt on Saturday. Gnabry, who had to come off after just five minutes in Frankfurt after coming on as a second-half substitute, will therefore miss the upcoming games,” Bayern said in a statement.
Bayern, second in the league standings, next travels to face Manchester United in a Champions League clash on Tuesday, before hosting VfB Stuttgart on Sunday.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 1-0 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Nassr ahead at halftime after Talisca goal
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29