Neymar hit out at Paris Saint-Germain over the management of a rib injury after making his comeback in the Champions League.
After missing four matches, Neymar returned on Tuesday and scored for PSG, which lost 2-1 at Borussia Dortmund in the opening leg of the last-16 clash.
Neymar hurt his rib against Montpellier on February 1 and the Brazilian star was in doubt for the trip to Dortmund before returning for Thomas Tuchel's side.
However, Neymar – who equalised in the 75th minute before two-goal hero Erling Haaland restored Dortmund's lead – was not happy post-match.
"It is hard after four games without playing. It was not my choice not to play, the club took this decision," Neymar said amid ongoing links of a possible move back to La Liga champion Barcelona.
"The club made this decision with the medical team. I wanted to play, I felt good.
"The club were afraid, and it is I who suffers from it."
It has been another injury-interrupted season for Neymar, who reportedly tried to engineer a return to Barca at the start of the season, having left Camp Nou in a world-record €222million deal.
Neymar has scored 13 goals in 14 Ligue 1 appearances for leader PSG this term.
The 28-year-old forward has netted 16 goals across all competitions.
Latest on Sportstar
- AIFF Appeal Committee rejects appeals by Kerala Blasters and Ivan Vukumanović
- French Open 2023: Third seed Pegula knocked out by Mertens in round of 32
- Europa Conference League final: West Ham boss Moyes calls on referee to handle Fiorentina tactics
- TVS launches Racing Experience Centre to build future motorcycling champions in India
- Mahindra Racing hopes to get back to scoring points in the Jakarta ePrix