Juventus has launched a fundraiser to support the local health system after the club's defender Daniele Rugani was this week diagnosed with coronavirus.
Rugani said he was "fine" despite testing positive for the virus with Juve confirming on Thursday that 121 people connected to the club - including players and directors - are undergoing voluntary isolation.
The club's Champions League last-16 tie with Lyon has been postponed as European football continues to respond to the pandemic, which has killed over 1,000 people in Italy.
Juve donated €300,000, jointly given by the club and players, to begin the fundraising efforts, with money set to go to the 'Piedmont Region-Coronavirus emergency support' initiative.
Club chairman Agnelli asked fans in a video released via social media to donate to the fundraiser, which is hosted on the GoFundMe website.
"In this moment of a medical state of emergency, we too, as Juventus, want to make our contribution," Agnelli said.
"First of all, by respecting the rules and asking everyone to do the same: stay home.
"Since yesterday, I too am observing a period of voluntary isolation, but we have to and want to do more.
Also read |
"And that's why, along with our players, we have launched a fundraising campaign to support our healthcare professionals in our neighbourhoods - in Turin and Piedmont.
"And that's why we ask you to contribute. In this difficult time, despite being distant, let's stay united and all together. We will get out of this delicate moment."
Juve is not set to play again until next month with all sporting activity in Italy suspended until April 3.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo comes off holding his neck, six minutes added on
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final