First-half goals from Olivier Giroud and Willian and a late strike from Ross Barkley earned Chelsea a 3-0 Premier League victory over struggling Watford on Saturday and a boost to its ambitions for Champions League football next season.
France striker Giroud hit the target in the 28th minute, after a brisk move between Barkley and Mason Mount, with a low finish at the far post. Willian doubled Chelsea's lead when he buried a 43rd-minute penalty after Etienne Capoue fouled Christian Pulisic inside the box. Barkley added a third in stoppage time, after being set up by captain Cesar Azpilicueta.
It was a vital win for Chelsea, which lost to West Ham United in midweek, as it snatched back the fourth place from Manchester United which beat Bournemouth 5-2 earlier in the day. Watford remained 17th in the table, a point above the relegation zone.
- Serie A: Inter cruises past Napoli 3-0 to reclaim top spot
- La Liga: Felix gives Barcelona 1-0 home win over Atletico Madrid
- Bundesliga: Leverkusen’s Boniface salvages 1-1 draw against Dortmund
- Premier League: Kulusevski earns Tottenham dramatic draw at Man City
- East Bengal vs NorthEast United LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch EBFC v NEUFC, predicted XI