Manchester United defender Tyrell Malacia is expected to return from a knee injury early next year, his club said on Friday.
The left back had surgery during the offseason and then required another operation following an unspecified setback.
He has not played yet this season and United did not give a firm date on his expected return to action.
“Unfortunately, he suffered a setback during his rehabilitation, which required further surgery,” United said in a statement. “This has been successfully completed and Malacia is now back at Carrington working hard to be fit early in the New Year.”
Malacia joined United from Feyenoord last season in deal worth around 13 million pounds ($16 million).
The Netherlands international’s last appearance was for his country in the Nations League semifinals against Croatia in June.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Round 7 Day 4 updates: Pratham ton puts Railways on track; Punjab takes lead after TN enforces follow on
- Injury-plagued Napolitano breathes sigh of relief after first challenger win in seven years
- Depleted Milan misses chance to go second with 4-2 loss at Monza
- Bochum stuns Bayern Munich 3-2 in third straight loss
- Hojlund’s early double seals win for Man Utd at Luton