Manchester United defender Raphael Varane sustained a hamstring injury in the Champions League draw with Atalanta on Tuesday and will be out for around a month, the club said on Wednesday.
The 28-year-old France international started the match as part of United's three-man central defence partnership, but had to be replaced in the opening half.
Varane only returned to the team for last weekend's 3-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur after overcoming a groin injury sustained on international duty last month.
He completed a reported 34 million-pound ($46.5 million) move to United from Real Madrid this summer.
United drew 2-2 with Atalanta thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo's two goals and tops Group F with seven points after four matches.
It takes on local rival Manchester City in the Premier League on Saturday before the international break.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- IND vs AUS 3rd T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, line-ups, full squads
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: India, Qatar, Saudi Arabia lead ticket sales after release of second batch
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS Live Streaming Info, 3rd T20I: When and where to watch India vs Australia T20 series live?