Over 20 million tickets have been requested from 206 countries for Euro 2024 matches in Germany, UEFA said on Friday, with close to 2.3 million applications for the July 14 final alone.
Germans made up 65 per cent of the applications during the first sales window, followed by fans from England, France, Spain, and Austria.
The top five countries outside Europe that requested tickets were the United States, Canada, Australia, China and Mexico, with over half a million applications from those countries. “The anticipation for UEFA EURO 2024 in Germany is rising every day,” said Martin Kallen, UEFA’s Events SA CEO in a statement.
“With our simple and fair ticketing process combined with affordable prices, we can offer fans access to unforgettable moments and special encounters.
“The exceptional number of ticket applications is testament to the continued appeal of the tournament and the interest of fans around the world.”
Nearly 2.3 million tickets were requested for the final at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, 33 times the ground’s capacity. More than 1,4 million applications were received for the June 14 opening game in Munich which will feature Germany.
- WPL 2024: RCB, Smriti Mandhana look to shake off poor 2023 season, eye turnaround in campaign opener vs UP Warriorz
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 2: IND 131/4 at Tea, trails by 222; Bashir runs through India middle order
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Musheer scores double century; TN takes lead vs Saurashtra
- Ranji Trophy 2024 Quarterfinal: Musheer Khan hits maiden double century, puts Mumbai in command against Baroda
- Pakistan to host New Zealand for five-match T20 series ahead of 2024 World Cup