FIFA launched disciplinary proceedings, on Tuesday, over chants by Ecuador fans during the opening game of the World Cup against host Qatar on November 20.
FIFA, however, did not reveal what the chants were about but said it came under Article 13 of its disciplinary code, which includes discriminatory or abusive words.
“The FIFA disciplinary committee has opened proceedings against the Ecuadoran Football Association due to chants by Ecuadoran supporters during the Qatar vs Ecuador FIFA World Cup match played on 20 November,” it said in a statement.
FIFA has already issued the fans code of conduct for the Qatar World Cup.
- IND vs AUS Live Score, 3rd T20I updates: India eyes series win as Australia’s World Cup stars return home; Toss at 6:30 PM IST
- I-League 2023-24: Real Kashmir moves to third on points table with a comfortable 4-0 victory against Inter Kashi
- From the ISL to the Premier League, five talking points from the world of football (Nov 20-26)
- BAN vs NZ, 1st Test: Phillips’ four-wicket haul dents Bangladesh on Day 1
- Barcelona’s Gavi undergoes surgery on torn ACL