There will be no extra time in French Cup games as of next season, with the exception of the final, the French football federation (FFF) said on Tuesday.
“From the first round up to and including the semifinals, in the event of a draw at the end of time, the game should be directly decided on penalties,” the minutes of the FFF's executive committee, published by French sports daily L'Equipe , said.
The French Professional League made the same decision for the League Cup four years ago.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m