French club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) has signed winger Hakim Ziyech from Premier League side Chelsea on loan.
The deal is not expected to include an option to make the switch permanent in the summer.
Several reports surfaced stating that a number of English clubs including Newcastle and Everton showed interest in the Moroccan midfielder but the player had allegedly turned those offers down.
Ziyech played a key role for his country at the Qatar World Cup last year where Moroco finished fourth after losing against Croatia in the playoffs.
The 29-year-old has donned the Chelsea jersey 98 times across leagues. Since signing for the Blues in 2020, Ziyech managed to score 14 goals while collecting 11 assists on all competitions.
Follow all January deadline day stories here:
- Transfer deadline day: All you need to know about the January 2023 winter window
- Transfer Market Deadline Day: Players expected to sign on January 31
- Premier League Transfer news live: Full list of January 2023 signings
- La Liga winter transfer window: Complete list of ins and outs of players in January 2023
- January transfer window: Biggest winter signings which flopped at their new clubs
- Deadline day transfers: Suarez to Bruno, most impactful signings in the January winter window
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- No penalties for players taking part in Russian exhibition event: WTA
- Australia updates T20I squad for India tour, six World Cup winners returning home
- Sabalenka to play Brisbane in warm-up for Australian Open defence
- NBA 2023-24: Joel Embiid’s triple-double fuels Philadelphia 76ers to blowout over Los Angeles Lakers