Tiddim Road Athletic Union (TRAU) registered a comfortable 2-0 victory over AIFF's developmental side Indian Arrows at the Tilak Maidan in Goa on Sunday. Naocha Singh scored in the 44th minute to open the account before Princewill Emeka doubled the lead in the 79th minute.
Fresh from its victory in the Imphal derby, TRAU started pressing hard from the get-go, piling on the pressure and not allowing Indian Arrows to retain possession for long.
The home side kept pressing hard and forcing errors out of the young Arrows when it was in possession. Emeka remained a constant threat, running circles around the Arrows defence and in the 12th minute, forced Bikash Yumnam into losing possession inside the box, which allowed Emeka a crack on goal, but he fired straight at Jongte in goal.
TRAU’s persistence however paid off its due dividends going into the break. In the 44th minute, Wahengbam Luwang’s corner was met by Naocha Singh inside the box, and with a flurry of blue and white shirts in the box, got just the right touch to take it past the keeper to give the visitor the lead at half-time.
TRAU doubled its lead in the 79th minute when a beautifully weighted pass by Phalguni Singh was well received by Emeka on the turn. With delicate first touch, Emeka took it beyond his marker and placed it home through the legs of Jongte to seal three points for his side.
Indian Arrows remains rooted to the bottom of the Hero I-League standings, while TRAU climbed to sixth in the table.
- Haaland goal lifts Man City within a point of Liverpool
- Ratcliffe completes purchase of 25% stake in Man United
- Napoli vs Barcelona LIVE streaming info: When, where to watch UEFA Champions League Round of 16 First Leg
- Al Nassr vs Al Fayha LIVE streaming info, AFC Champions League, Round of 16: When and where to watch Ronaldo play today?
- Alcaraz retires with ankle injury in first round of ATP Rio Open