The Indian U-17 women's football team assistant head coach Alex Ambrose was sacked on Sunday due to allegations of sexual misconduct.
Dr. S.Y.Quraishi, a key member of the Committee of Administrators (CoA) appointed by the Supreme Court, took to twitter to announce the sacking.
"Alex Ambrose, Asstt Head Coach of Under 17 Women’s team has been sacked for sexual misconduct." he tweeted.
Quraishi also added that further action is underway.
The Indian under-17 women's team is currently touring Europe as a part of the exposure trip planned by the Swedish head coach Thomas Dennerby ahead of the World Cup, which will be played in India starting October this year.
Dennerby took charge of the under-17 team after India completed its AFC Women's Asian Cup campaign earlier this year.
- Indian sports news wrap, September 29
- ICC World Cup 2023 Live Score Warm-Ups: Henry removes Imam early after Pakistan opts to bat vs New Zealand
- Asian Games 2023, September 29, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Aishwary wins silver in 50m Rifle 3P individual event, Sreeja-Diya pair loses in women’s doubles table tennis
- Asian Games 2023: India wins silver medal in women’s 10m air pistol team event
- Asian Games 2023: Palak, Esha complete historic one-two in women’s 10m air pistol