The Indian men's football team qualified for the AFC Asian Cup for second successive time on Tuesday following Palestine's 4-0 win over Philippines.
The result meant that the Palestinians directly qualified for the 24-team finals finishing group toppers, while second placed Philippines, with four points, were eliminated despite finishing second.
READ MORE |
The men in blue have secured two consecutive qualifications for the first time in the history.
India, which is second behind Hong Kong on goal difference, have qualified ahead of its final round group D clash.
Overall, India have qualified for the continental showpiece for the fifth time.
(with inputs from PTI)
- Montse Tomé set to speak on eve of Sweden game amid month-long crisis at Spanish federation
- Kerala Blasters vs Bengaluru FC LIVE score, KBFC 1-0 BFC, ISL 2023-24: Luna strike, Veendorp own goal keeps Blasters ahead
- IND vs AUS: 16-year-old net bowler Sameer Khan earns praise from Aussies
- Asian Games 2023: Indian rowers make three more finals
- Indian sports news wrap, September 21