Defending champion Gokulam Kerala FC returned to the top of the standings by prevailing 4-0 over Sudeva Delhi FC in the penultimate round of I-League’s initial phase, at the Kalyani Stadium on Friday.
ALSO READ - Football crazy Malappuram ready to host Santosh Trophy
Slovenian forward Luka Majcen scored a hat-trick, and the other goal came from Tahir Zaman. The hat-trick also helped Majcen climb to the top of the goal-scoring charts with 12 goals to his credit. Gokulam Kerala tallied 27 points to regain the two-point cushion over the local favourite Mohammedan Sporting, which is currently placed second at 25 points ahead of the final round.
In an inconsequential match played at Naihati Stadium, Indian Arrows beat debutant Kenkre FC by a solitary goal to pick up its second win of the tournament.
- At Kalyani : Sudeva Delhi FC 0 lost to Gokulam Kerala FC 4 (Luka Majcen 17’, 60’, 86’; Thahir Zaman 27’).
- At Naihati : Indian Arrows 1 (Brijesh Giri 88’) bt Kenkre FC 0.
- RoundGlass Punjab FC 1 (K. Guthrie 35) bt TRAU FC 0
Latest on Sportstar
- Barcelona beats Kobe 2-0 in Iniesta send-off
- Sabalenka beats Svitolina, reaches maiden French Open semifinal
- WTC Final 2023: Rohit’s India aims to end ICC title drought, faces stern Australia test
- Kerala Blasters shuts women’s team to afford Vukomanovic walkout penalty; Sweden legend Hedvig Lindahl reacts
- French Open 2023, June 6 schedule: Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sabalenka in action in quarterfinals; H2H records, streaming info